Around 90 A.D., the apostle John penned his three epistles that are known as First, Second and Third John. Most people don’t even think of prophecy when they think of these three short epistles. However, they are very prophetic. In them he uses the term Antichrist four times.
Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour (1 John 1:18).
Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son (1 John 1:22).
Every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world (1 John 4:3).
For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward (2 John 1:7).
We know that the antichrist spirit existed in John’s day, but the Bible says that at the end of days, a man will appear who will be the prince of darkness. The Bible further describes him as “the man of sin” and “the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he [will sit] as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God” (2 Thessalonians 2:3, 4).
The Greek term for the Antichrist in 2 John 1:7 employs the definite article, ho antichristos, meaning “The Antichrist.” The spirit of antichrist is already here, could the Antichrist be that
Notice from these Scriptures that the spirit of antichrist always denies three things, just as the Antichrist will:
They deny the deity of Jesus Christ.
They deny that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
They deny the relationship between the Father and the Son.
Many people have unwittingly accepted the antichrist spirit. The Jews, for example say that Jesus was simply a man of history who started a new religion, although many are turning to Christ, and many more will as we near the coming of the Lord. Muslims believe that Jesus was only one of the many prophets of Allah; and that He was not “the only begotten son of God” (John 3:18). They contend that the true God is not a father and cannot “beget” a son. Muslims do admit, however, that Jesus ascended up into heaven and that He will come again, yet they deny His divinity.
Just as the Jews are still looking for their Messiah, so Muslims are looking for a messiah also. He is called al Mahdi, and they say he will appear at the end of the age. In their beliefs they say that Jesus will return to earth after al Mahdi is revealed and he will deny Christianity, convert to Islam and join the Mahdi in converting the world to Islam.
We know that Jesus will never bow to another, no matter who it is. But could al Mahdi be the coming Anti-Christ? According to Scripture, the Antichrist will be revealed just before the end of the world. He will be accepted by the Jews and will rule from
Jerusalem. He will have the uncanny ability to bring peace—albeit a false peace—to a divided and contentious world. Note that Muslims place al Mahdi above Jesus. Islam conquered Jerusalem once before, in A.D. 638, and forcibly converted Christians, Jews and others.
The Roots of Terrorism
I believe that the basic causes of terrorism come from the spirit of antichrist. In every country where sharia (the law system of Muslims) is adopted, the Christians are the first to be outlawed, or declared to be illegal. Everything about the belief system of the followers of Allah is against Christianity and the cause of Christ. For all Muslim faithful, to evangelize is to destroy, to do away with, whether by jihad or by sharia, all beliefs except their own.
The late John Paul II was said to have believed the world is on the precipice of the final confrontation between good and evil as foretold in the New Testament. The current head of the Roman church, Pope Benedict, said:
We are now standing in the face of the greatest historical confrontation humanity has gone through. I do not think that wide circles of the American society or wide circles of the Christian community realize this fully. We are now facing the final confrontation between the church and the anti-church, of the gospel versus the anti-gospel.
Born again believers know, however, that Jesus is the son of the living God, the Savior of the World! John wrote:
In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him (1 John 4:9).
In their ongoing search for terrorists, the
Manchester ( ) Metropolitan Police searched a known al Qaeda member’s home in that city. They found many dangerous and incriminating items in the raid. On a computer, they discovered an Al Qaeda Manual for training recruits for terrorism. It was filed under the label, Declaration of Jihad. England
The accompanying notes described it as “the military series.” The manual was translated into English and was introduced as evidence in an embassy bombing trial in
New York City. Here is a portion of that manual:
Al Qaeda Training Manual
Definition of Bases:
These are apartments, hiding places, command centers, etc. in which secret operations are executed against the enemy.
These bases may be in cities, and are [then] called homes or apartments. They may be in mountainous, harsh terrain far from the enemy, and are then called hiding places or bases.
During the initial stages, the Military Organization usually uses apartments in cities as places for launching assigned missions, such as collecting information, observing members of the ruling regime, etc.
Hiding places and bases in mountains and harsh terrain are used at later stages, from which Jihad [holy war] groups are dispatched to execute assassination operations of enemy individuals, bomb their centers, and capture their weapons. In some Arab countries such as
, where there are no mountains or harsh terrain, all stages of Jihad work would take place in cities. The opposite was true in Egypt , where initially Jihad work was in the cities, then the warriors shifted to mountains and harsh terrain. There, they started battling the Communists. Afghanistan
Then the training manual gave the terrorist recruits some instructions on where and how to live:
Security Precautions Related to Apartments
1. Choosing the apartment carefully as far as the location, the size for the work necessary (meetings, storage, arms, fugitives, work preparation).
2. It is preferable to rent apartments on the ground floor to facilitate escape and digging of trenches.
3. Preparing secret locations in the apartment for securing documents, records, arms and other important items.
4. Preparing ways of vacating the apartment in case of a surprise attack (stands, wooden ladders).
5. Under no circumstances should any one know about the apartment except those who use it.
6. Providing the necessary cover for the people who frequent the apartment (students, workers, employees, etc.)
7. Avoiding seclusion and isolation from the population and refraining from going to the apartment at suspicious times.
8. It is preferable to rent these apartments using false names, appropriate cover, and non-Moslem appearance.
9. A single brother should not rent more than one apartment in the same area, from the same agent, or using the same rental office.
10. Care should be exercised not to rent apartments that are known to the security apparatus, such as those used for immoral or prior Jihad activities.
11. Avoid police stations and government buildings. Apartments should not be rented near those places.
12. When renting these apartments, one should avoid isolated or deserted locations so the enemy would not be able to catch those living there easily.
13. It is preferable to rent apartments in newly developed areas where people do not know one another. Usually, in older quarters people know one another and strangers are easily identified, especially since these quarters have many informers.
14. Ensuring that there is has been no surveillance prior to the members entering the apartment.
15. Agreement among those living in the apartment on special ways of knocking on the door and special signs prior to entry into the building’s main gate to indicate to those who wish to enter that the place is safe and not being monitored. Such signs include hanging out a towel, opening a curtain, placing a cushion in a special way, etc. 16. If there is a telephone in the apartment, calls should be answered in an agreed-upon manner among those who use the apartment. That would prevent mistakes that would, otherwise, lead to revealing the names and nature of the occupants.
17. For apartments, replacing the locks and keys with new ones. As for the other entities (camps,shops, mosques),appropriate security precautions should be taken depending on the entity’s importance and role in the work.
18. Apartments used for undercover work should not be visible from higher apartments in order not to expose the nature of the work.
19. In a newer apartment, avoid talking loud because prefabricated ceilings and walls used in the apartments do not have the same thickness as those in old ones.
20. It is necessary to have at hand documents supporting the undercover member. In the case of a physician, there should be an actual medical diploma, membership in the medical union, the government permit, and the rest of the routine procedures known in that country.
21. The cover should blend well with the environment. For example, selecting a doctor’s clinic in an area where there are clinics, or in a location suitable for it.
22. The cover of those who frequent the location should match the cover of that location. For example, a common laborer should not enter a fancy hotel because that would be suspicious and draw attention.
This is living proof that radical Islamic terrorists will use any deceit or subterfuge to try to defeat those whom they consider to be the enemy, and to take over the world. Some
Middle East experts think Muslims secretly feel that the preaching of the gospel is keeping their Mahdi from making his appearance, and this is why they are so hostile against Christianity.
The spirit of antichrist is already loose in the world; soon The Antichrist may make his appearance.
These things remind us that we as Christians must be vigilant and ever aware of evil in the world. We win in the end; but in the meantime, Satan would like nothing more than to destroy God’s people and the means of spreading the gospel.
Would you like to share this page with a friend? Click Here